< Back to IRCAM Forum

[Feature request] mubu kNN with labels, similar to HHMM

Hello!

I have several datasets where motion tracking data representing a single gesture is split accross buffers with the name label just like with HHMM.

However, mubu.kNN outputs buffer index rather than the label index, so that when I load several datasets with more than one buffer for each gesture (but the same label), they get classified as different signs. Of course, it is not so important with k = 1, but since I am using a larger k, the boundaries can be somewhat modified.

Therefore, it would be nice to have an attribute that allow the kNN model to build classes from buffers with the same labels instead of different buffers.

Otherwise, I would like to know if there is a quick way to merge all buffers that share the same label into a single one; I did not find how to do it yet.

Best regards

However, mubu.kNN outputs buffer index rather than the label index, so that when I load several datasets with more than one buffer for each gesture (but the same label), they get classified as different signs.

it is not very clear how knn plays into this, but you can easily lookup the label from the buffer index (e.g. store it in the buffer info).

Therefore, it would be nice to have an attribute that allow the kNN model to build classes from buffers with the same labels instead of different buffers.

kNN does not build classes

Otherwise, I would like to know if there is a quick way to merge all buffers that share the same label into a single one; I did not find how to do it yet.

try the buffer n copy / paste messages