< Back to IRCAM Forum

Export format of partiels analysis

Hi,

I’m trying to export information of an analysis of inharmonic partiels, but is there a way to get it in a format a bit like the one used by Spear?
It does it for a set of frames, and in the data .txt file each line starts with a time, and then it’s an index number, a frequency and an amplitude.
With Partiels I get a file per partial. So far I’ve been using the .csv format for export most, but I did not have any luck trying the other formats either.
Trying to get used to using it but really liking it so far!

Thanks
Anders

It seems to me that Spear allows you to export in different text formats (Resampled Frames or Partials), but the format doesn’t seem standard to me and I’m not sure what each value corresponds to.

Partiels exports each analysis track as a separate file, and with the PM2 plug-in, each partial corresponds to a track and therefore to a file. In CSV format, each new line contains the following information: time, duration, value (frequency), extra0 (amplitude), and extra1 (phase) - as displayed on the tooltip. If there is a line break, this corresponds to another channel (in the case of a multichannel file).

It is possible to concatenate the results of several analyses within a single file by creating a small script (in bash, python, or pure data for example), but it all depends on what you want to do with it. If you need help with this, don’t hesitate to come back with a specific use case and we’ll see how to set it up :slight_smile: