< Back to IRCAM Forum

Example mlys.read-from-file define access points and type

hey,
is there an example out there, where one can get a bit of documentation about mlys.read-from-file? I am wondering how to define the access on a finite element with a bow. Is it: @access-in-type trans0 trans1 written into the object, or would it have to be the other way around? Also is it: access-in-initial-position-1 followed by two integers (nodes) (and access-in-initial-position-2)? I get a sound in the lisp-version (although not really satisfying yet) but I don’t get anything once I try to replicate it in max…and debugging is virtually impossible…no console messages…anyone? ideal would of course be if anybody would have a simple example of a finite element object being bowed…

solved… :-)…well kind of…got the finite element bowed in lisp and in max and it sounds as it is supposed to. though I didn’t find ANY documentation on the read-from-file function. is there any??? I figured out bowing also worked with “normal” access-types. Funny though the object needs to have a “hold” function. else it kind of slides away slowly…