< Back to IRCAM Forum

Error on loading a sound

I have the installer on my desktop, so I was planning to try it, but it’s not in my application folder, only the .dmg.

ok
so this is irrelevant. I will keep testing to reproduce the error you encounter. For the time being i don’t seem to have this. Will try very soon on a new M1 machine again hoping to fix this. Another question, do you have Csound installed?

best
K

Yes, CSound is installed.
Best,
Jimmie

Which version? is it 6.17 ?

Je viens de vérifier sur un second PC, un I5 tournant sous windows 10 famille. J’ai le même message d’erreur qui s’est affiché alors qu’apparemment l’installation d’OM7 s’était déroulée correctement.
Pour le PC i7 windows 10 - où jusqu’alors je n’avais jamais eu de problème d’installation - je joins la copie d’écran du dossier

Au cas où, pour l’ancienneté de ces deux PC, l’I5 windows 10 date de 2012, et l’i7 windows 10 de 2016. Enfin, non, Csound n’a pas été installé sur ces deux PC.

Sinon, je viens de tester avec mon MacBook M1 (août 2021), là aucun problème d’installation. OM7 tourne très bien et y compris avec MiniOmSynth pour la lecture microtonale.

The app is actually CsoundQt-d-html-cs6 (not sure it’s ‘Csound’ per se?), and it’s version 0.9.6

Csoundqt is a front end of csound. If you want to be sure about csound presence on your installation: open a terminal and just type csound. If this respond you will have in t the first lines the csound version.

Why i am asking about this: because csound install its own libsndfile lib that may conflict with the one that OM has. The workaround is to install the latest release of csound in this case (csound 6.17) or uninstall csound

Best
K

C’est encore tres etrange que le message pointe sur /WINDOWS/system32/omaudiolib.dll

Est-ce qu’il y a cette lib a cet endroit?

Thanks Karim,
The Terminal operation returned that I had Csound 6.16, so I installed 6.17, and the problem persists.
Best,
Jimmie

Ok thx
can you select OM 7.0.app and type i (for info) and then send me a screenshot of the info panel ?

Is this what you meant :

Yes thank you.

today will be testing OM 7.0 on another M1 to verify the libsndfile issue.
Best
K

Dear Jimmie,

Let’s do once more one last try:
Trash OM 7.0 and its .dmg
Download again the installer from here:

Install and please try again.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best
K

Bonjour Karim,
Je joins la copie d’écran du dossier system32 et dans lequel je ne vois pas omaudiolib.dll alors que le message, comme tu le soulignes, pointe dessus.

Sinon, ma dernière version d’OM sur le PC était 6.17, j’ai essayé d’installer OM20 et tout comme avec OM7, Windows m’a affiché le message “Windows a protégé votre ordinateur”. Je suis passé outre, après avoir aussi désactivé la protection de mon Antivirus Norton. Mais rien n’y a fait, à la fin de l’installation d’OM20, tout comme OM7, ce message d’erreur s’affiche
OM20ErrorFonts

En revanche, dans les mêmes conditions, en passant outre du message de blocage de Windows10 et de la désactivation de l’antivirus, OM19 s’est installé correctement…

En fait, dans la mesure où OM7 tourne très bien sur mon Imac et le Macbook Pro M1, cela ne me dérange pas d’utiliser pour le PC OM19. Néanmoins, j’aimerais comprendre la raison de ce problème. Et je commence à me dire qu’il y a peut-être une incompatibilité avec ma version de windows 10 ? Ou, dans la mesure où Windows bloque dans un premier temps l’application d’installation - ce qui n’avait pas lieu avant - est-ce que l’application d’installation a-t-elle changé ?
En tout cas merci pour ton aide sur le forum qui est très précieuse.
Amitiés.
Didier

Cher Didier,

Oui , on a change d’installateur. L’ancien installateur indiquait a defaut sur certain anti-virus la presence d’un virus qui n’existait pas!
Le probleme vient bien entendu de l’antivirus. Sur windows c’est un vrai calvaire de trouver un installeur gratuit !
L’ideal c’est de desactiver l’anti-virus (surtout Norton) le temps de l’installation. redemarer et remettre peut-etre norton. Ce n’est pas sur que ce dernier rale pas…

Amities
K

C’est ce que j’ai fait pour l’installation d’Om 7, d’OM 20, j’ai désactivé totalement Norton, mais ça persiste. Mais comme dit dans le message précédent, pour windows, ça ne me dérange pas d’utiliser OM 6.19.

Thanks Karim!
Still no difference…
Best,
Jimmie

Dear Jimmie,

good news! I succeeded in reproducing the error you have on a new blank M1 apple machine. So i suspect it is the libsndfile.dylib in question. I will work on this in order to fix it ASAP.
In fact, i had a working lib on the other machine. so i will fix this and come back to you later.

Thank you for reporting it.
Best
K

Dear Jimmie,

I think here is the fix:
go to this page:

click on download (the button on the low right side)
You will have the correct compiled library.
Now quit OM.
We will replace the bad library with the new one:

go to /Applications and right-click on OM 7.0 and choose ‘Show Package Contents’
open the folder ‘Contents’ and open the ‘Frameworks’ folder
Now substitute the downloaded libsndfile

This should fix it for the time being.
I will soon release the 7.1 version with all these corrections…
And again thank you for pointing me to this error. In fact i had dependencies installed that made it work. But now OM will open sounds without them…

Best
K