< Back to IRCAM Forum

Error loading OMTristan in OM 6.12

Hi all,
I’m trying to load OMTristan on OM 6.12 (OS X El Capitan), and I get the following error: "Error while loading the library OMTristan:
“No applicable methods for #<standard-generic-function (setf icon) 40E011B864> with args (136 #<interpreted function map-channel 41A002F274>)” (see also the screenshot). Is there a way to get OMTristan working again? Thanks for your consideration and concern.
Best,
Francesco Vitale

omtristan-error-6.12.png

HI,

Which OMTristan version are you using ?
K

Dear Karim,
I’m using the last one (3.3), which is said to be compatible with OM 6.10.
Best,
Francesco

Moreover, I can confirm that even the older versions of OMTristan do not work with OM 6.12.
Best,
Francesco

This error means that there is a simple Lisp method called ‘om::map-channel’ already defined when OMTristan tries to redefine it as an OMMethod (with “defmethod!”)

However I don’t see or remember any such function having been added in OM 6.12.

Are you sure you have no other code or library loaded when you load OMTristan ?

Dear Jean,
as you can see from the screenshot in my first message, I haven’t loaded any library – except OMChroma, that seems to be loaded by default in OM. Maybe there’s some function in OMChroma that conflicts with OMTristan. I’ll try to delete the map-channel function in the latter. Thanks for your support.
All the best,
Francesco

There’s no map-channel either in OMChroma…

ps. OMChroma is not loaded by default in OM. No library is loaded by default.

Yes, Jean, I’ve seen myself that there’s no map-channel in OMChroma (which is loaded automatically only because it was required in the “preferences” file of the workspace). I deleted the map-channel in OMTristan and everything is working fine. Thanks again for your help.
Best,
Francesco