< Back to IRCAM Forum

Error Exporting .lisp to .mlys File

Hello All,

Attempting to export a .lisp file in the Modalys examples as .mlys, I receive this error:

“Error: Foreign function |modalys_set_variable_internal_name| trying to call to unresolved external function “modalys_set_variable_internal_name”.”

I wonder if anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam - did you ever get this resolved? I posted the same problem, but have not had a response in some time, and the problem continues.
Thanks,
Per

Hi Adam,

Can you post the .lisp example that you want to export in .mlys please?

Then I can have a look!

Jean

Jean - I realize your question was posed to Adam, but I wanted to chime in with details since I’m stuck: I get this error on every .lisp file that contains the save-script command. This includes .lisp files from the Examples folder in which work until I insert (save-script “Examples/analysis/test.mlys”). It also occurs when I select File/Export as mlys… I can’t be sure but I think this started with Sierra. I could update the system, but am reluctant for various reasons.
Thanks!
Per

Jean - I realize your question was posed to Adam, but I wanted to chime in with details since I’m stuck: I get this error on every .lisp file that contains the save-script command. This includes .lisp files from the Examples folder in which work until I insert (save-script “Examples/analysis/test.mlys”). It also occurs when I select File/Export as mlys… I can’t be sure but I think this started with Sierra. I could update the system, but am reluctant for various reasons.
Thanks!
Per

Hey all,

I hope I don’t mislead anyone on this one, but last time I was at ircam and expressed similar interest in exporting .mlys objects, I remember Robert Piechaud saying that the most recent versions have that functionality disabled.

So I don’t think this OS-specific.

Emiddio

Sorry to return to this again - but has anyone else experienced this?
I tried rolling back to Yosemite on a spare machine and that didn’t help.
Can someone confirm if the functionality has been removed?

Jean - you asked for a .lisp example, I’m using the example file included in Modalys/Examples/Max/older examples: ex1 to mlys.lisp.
Can you confirm if that successfully creates a .mlys file with the latest version?