< Back to IRCAM Forum

Dynamic Transposition

hello!
How to use Dynamic Transposition Dynamic TimeStrechtching, Breakpoint Gain, Breakpoint Filter etc. ( in old Version) in the new AudioSculpt ( version 3.3.8)?
By the way may I ask how to switch Forum Category conveniently? ( for example AudioSculpt -> Spat -> OM …etc?) thanks!!

Shing-kwei

Hi Shing-kwei,

In AudioSculpt 3 the Transposition, timestretch, and gain treatments are all dynamic now.
There are no “static” versions of those treatments anymore.

For example, when you create a Transposition in AudioSculpt, a Bpf (breakpoint function) editor will be displayed directly on the Sonogram view.
You can leave or modify just the first value of the Bpf (breakpoint function) if you want it to be static. Or you can click and add more points in the editor if you want it to be dynamic.
This is the same process for timestretch, frequency shift, and gain.

Best,
Charles

Hello Shing-kwei,
you may also import a bpf generated elsewhere by importing a text file (with .txt type specified in file name).
To do it, right-clic on the corresponding field (“Transposition”, or so) at the top of the sonogram window and select “Import”.
You may also save the BPF you have fixed using “Save-as” in the same menu using right-clic…
All the best !

hello Charles, hello Clint,
merci beaucoup !!

Shing kwei

Hello,
after crash of my Mac Pro, it has been changed the motherboard and power supply, since then I can’t active Ircam software, it doesn’t pop out the activation window, how to fix? thanks.
thanks!

Shing-kwei

ircam-activation-error.png

Hello,
after crash of my Mac Pro, it has been changed the motherboard and power supply, since then I can’t active Ircam software, it doesn’t pop out the activation window, how to fix? thanks.
thanks!

Shing-kwei

ircam-activation-error.png

Hi Shing-kwei,

To solve this problem follow the guidelines here:

you will probably have to reactivate all your IRCAM softwares after.

Best,
Charles

Hello! Charles,
thanks for your reply, I try to download a new AudioSculpt 3.3.8, I have the correct, valid active code ( 7 days before), how to pop out the dialogue windows? when I open the AS pop out an error message ( ref. attach)

best
Shing-kwei

Screen-Shot-2015-04-19-at-2.14.24-AM1.png

Hello! Charles,
thanks for your reply, I try to download a new AudioSculpt 3.3.8, I have the correct, valid active code ( 7 days before), how to pop out the dialogue windows? when I open the AS pop out an error message ( ref. attach)

best
Shing-kwei

Screen-Shot-2015-04-19-at-2.14.24-AM1.png

Hi Shing-kwei,

As stated in the activation troubleshoot problem, you have first to delete your ‘Ircam’ folder located here :
/Library/Application Support/Ircam

Did you do it ?

It will reinitialize the previous codes that were instantiated with your previous hardware configuration so you will have to re-enter your codes but that should take into account your new hardware.

In case you want to read again the guidelines it is here:

Tell me how it goes,
Best
Charles

Hello Charles,
thanks for your reply.
I can’t find the route: /Library/Application Support/Ircam
( ref. picture Support_Ircam )
which Library?

thanks again!

best
Shing-kwei

Support-Ircam.png

Hello Shing-kwei

Charles is away this week, so I’ll try to help you with this. I sent you a private message through the forum with my email address. As there might be several steps involved, I think email will be more efficient

Hello!
Under reconstruction by help of Fredric my AudioSculpt is alive, thanks Fredric!
Clint telled me on 24 Mar.
…you may also import a bpf generated elsewhere by importing a text file (with .txt type specified in file name).

1.How to create ( Analyse ?) a .txt file, could you give more details?
2. In the Online Help, there are many video explaination, I suppose there are accompanied by voice, but in my computer they do’t have??

thanks!

Shing-kwei

Hello!
Under reconstruction by help of Fredric my AudioSculpt is alive, thanks Fredric!
Clint telled me on 24 Mar.
…you may also import a bpf generated elsewhere by importing a text file (with .txt type specified in file name).

1.How to create ( Analyse ?) a .txt file, could you give more details?
2. In the Online Help, there are many video explaination, I suppose there are accompanied by voice, but in my computer they do’t have??

thanks!

Shing-kwei

Hello friends,
most of us might in the vacation, may I ask can we have a bfp in the Multi bands filter ( dynamic filtering)? how to get the bpf line? thanks.

best
Shing-kwei

Hi,

As for the AS interface here are some hints : http://support.ircam.fr/docs/AudioSculpt/3.0/co/MBFilter_Edition.html.

You can also try the supervp command line to do that… check on the terminal window : supervp -hf to have the description and application of the different filter modules. For that, if it’s not already done, you should install the command line tools in the kernel folder of AS…

bye

N.

Capture-d’écran-2016-07-30-à-16.23.59.jpg

thanks! Nadir,
my terminal window: supervp. command not found. how to install the command line tools in the kernel folder of AS…
my AS offen crashed after successful to Process Treatment ( ref. attachment). how to fix?
thanks again.

Shing-kwei
ps. attachment can’t open.

AudioSculpt-creashed.png

Hello Shing-Kwei

to install the command line tools you have to open the AS directory under /Applications and in there you find a kernels directory.
In that kernel directory you double click on Install Commandline Tools.app. When you open a new terminal window you should the, be able to run supervp and PM2
in the standard mac os terminal.app. For this however you better would have some experience with using the terminal command line, if you have never used that you may be finding it very difficult.

For the crash I don’t have any idea. Charles our AudioSculpt developer is on holiday until end of august, before he comes back I don’t think we can be of much help.
From your crashlog I see you still have 3.3.4 I don’t know whether there are any related fixes in the most recent version which is
3.4.4 you may try to install that new version and see whether it solves the problem.

With kind regards
Axel

Hello Axel, hello Nadir,
thanks! I have installed AS 3.4.4, I am able to run Supervp and get the bpf for multi bands filter and it works fine ( never crashed so far ), just save sound files always go back to 3.3.8 when I chose the directory 3.4.4, AS reports an error.
thanks again.

best
Shing-kwei

Hi Shing-kwei,

just save sound files always go back to 3.3.8 when I chose the directory 3.4.4, AS reports an error.

It is suitable to work in another environment than the original AS directory to avoid mistakes.
You can build one for each project you would like via the environment tab in AS preferences (cf. screencaps attached)
Once you’ve created a directory and have chosen it in the AS prefs, AS will automatically build the necessary folders for your project.

Have nice filtering !

Capture-d’écran-2016-08-01-à-12.50.32.jpg