< Back to IRCAM Forum

diphone studio / "SuperVP::Initialization failed" error

hello,

just downloaded and installed diphone on my mac osx 10.7.3.

there is an error regarding supervp appearing when diphone launches addan (when i load a sound in the “create dictionary from sound” popup and press ok). see at the bottom of the text block below. the error also happens when i click “validate” and “run” in the addan analysis window. what is the problem?

AddAn(1) snd -v -aExtract -i"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.aiff" -c1 -o"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -fAiff

supervp -v -t -U -OS0 -ns -S"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -Afft -Wblackman -N2048 -M1764 -I441.0 “/Applications/Diphone Studio 4.2/ImpExport/Fft/crotale.f0.fft.sdif”

supervp -v -Af0 fm50.0,fM1000.0,F4000.0,sn50.0,M,smooth3 -Wblackman -N2048 -M1764 -I441.0 -S"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Fundamental/crotale.f0.sdif”

pm2 -v -Apar -P"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Fundamental/crotale.f0.sdif" -S"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -R44100.0 -Wblackman -N2048 -M1764 -I441.0 -a0.01 -r0.01 -c0.5 “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Partial/crotale.add.sdif”

sdif_signature_convert “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Partial/crotale.add.sdif” 1TRC

supervp -v -S"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -Aced 50 -Wblackman -N2048 -M1764 -OE “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/SpecEnv/crotale.cc.sdif”

pm2 -v -Asyn -p -R44100.0 -S"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Partial/crotale.add.sdif" -Osa16 “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.synth.aiff”

snd -v -aSubstract -i"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -j"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.synth.aiff" -o"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.noise.aiff" -fAiff -d16

snd -v -aConvert -i"$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff" -o"/Applications/Diphone Studio 4.2/ImpExport/Segmentation/crotale.floatSnd" -fFloat

segm -S"crotale.floatSnd" -T44100.0 -e0.1 -H10 -N10 -E0.04 -F0.04 -w1 -e0.1 -c0.5 -s0.2 -Civstr -M f0.2 F0.2 e0.2 E0.2 I0.2

echo “Diphone_Script”

echo “Create_Dictionary”

remove “$DEFAULTWD/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff”

Sound Convert

Input sound name…"/Applications/Diphone Studio 4.2/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.aiff"

Input sound channel…1

Input sound time begin…0.0

Input sound time end…end

Output sound name…"/Applications/Diphone Studio 4.2/ImpExport/Sound/crotale.temp.aiff"

Output sound format…Aiff

Output sound sample rate…44100.0 (same as input)

Output sound sample size…16 (same as input) Convert coefficient…1.0

SuperVP::Initialization failed: please register an activation key by using -init_key_file Ircam_Activation_Key.txt Kernel return error 22

thanks, johannes

Dear Johannes,

We just coreected the activation scheme. Go ahead and generate a new activation code for Diphone and use that one instead.

hallo arshia, axel and charles,

thanks for your fast reply and help.

what i don´t understand now is: where to put the new activation code, that i just received from the forum.

the popup window, in which i entered the activation code after i installed diphone the first time, doesn´t automaticly reappear when i boot the programm.

even if i reinstall it. is there a trick?

thanks for your help,

johannes

Following internal discussion with Johannes we publish here 

the procedure that allows to install the new keys using the

supervp command line that comes with Diphone: 

1) Store the key file that was send in the email on your Desktop

2) start the application Terminal.app that you find in

/Applications/Utilities

3) in the Finder open /Applications/Diphon Studio 4.2/Kernels

4) drag and drop supervp (attention this needs to be supervp not

supervp.app) into the window of the Terminal.app

5) in the terminal type -init_key_file after the end of the supervp