< Back to IRCAM Forum

Dead links

First, a happy new year to all!

It’s still a pity that development of AscoGraph has been abandoned. But the project page which still exists (AscoGraph – the Antescofo graphical editor | Ircam Forum) doesn’t mention that the tool is deprecated. The zip which can be downloaded on this page only contains the Readme, but no information about the destiny of AscoGraph or hints what could be used in place of it.

The link given on the AscoGraph page in the AntescofoDoc (Ascograph - AntescofoDoc), by the way, is also dead:
http://forumnet-dev.ircam.fr/antescofo-converter/

antescofoimporter (GitHub - Antescofo/antescofoimporter: MusicXML to Antescofo Convertor) seems to be a replacement for some features of AscoGraph. But is there a binary distribution? I didn’t find anything about antescofoimporter in the AntescofoDoc.

Hello Kyl.

The correct address for the online converter is: https://antescofo-converter.ircam.fr/.

The correct address was given in the UserGuide/workflow editing documentation and in the release notes but it was not updated in obsolete AscoGraph page. I will update it.

We will also make clear on the AscoGraph page on the forum that the tool is obsolete and the page is here only for a redirection to the (existing but partial) alternatives.

A fruitful and happy new year,
Jean-Louis.

hello,
just a little comment on the ‘deprecated’ Ascograph. I tried to run the antheme remake tutorial. I proceed as on older versions but antescofo won’t follow the score. the audio file does playback but no processes are running. but I discovered, by chance, that it does work as expected when the Ascograph app is in maxmsp’s path. I double-click on the antescofo object and Ascograph opens, and there I hit play and everything runs. I’m not sure what’s going on, but this is what happens.
macOS Mojave/old i7 MacBook Pro.
regards,
perti

1 Like

Hello.

When you have Ascograph in the Max paths, you certainly have an old object (packaged with Ascograph) in the Max paths and this object is used to track the score.

When you don’t have Ascograph in the Max path, I suppose that you don’t have a valid version of the external in the Max paths (or you have an object that is not valid for your architecture/system or you have a valid object but your version of the object has a problem (?) with the Antheme tutorial). The part of the patch that reads audio is independent of antescofo~ and works in both cases. The messages on the console may help you understand what’s going on.

Season’s greetings,
Jl.

thanks for the explanation.
best regards,
perti

@perti What you describe (the Antheme Tuto not running actions) is not normal! If it’s reproducible, ping back here and I’ll have a close look.

Also, for the sake of completeness, the Antescofo Convertor has become Open Source: GitHub - Antescofo/antescofoimporter: MusicXML to Antescofo Convertor

hello arshia,
actions are working. it’s just a misunderstanding of the instructions. the patch says:
(1) turn audio on
(2) load the score (but it is already loaded when opening the maxpat)
(3) start antescofo [and start audio]…
but for me to work I need to start playing the soundfile first, then start the follower. if I don’t do this then the audiofile plays back but actions are not triggered.
thanks again,
salut!
perti