< Back to IRCAM Forum

Concatenating chord-seqs

Hello,

I was wondering about this behaviour or bug, when I try to concatenate two chord-seq objects, it seems to add a certain time value inbetween them. Not sure, how this is calculated or if it is consistent. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate as it should be easily reproducible.

Any help/hints appreciated! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
M

Hi M.

I am not sure which version of OM you are using. However, if you need not an extra offset between the two chord-seqs donā€™t use the third input.

If you need to add an extra offset to the concatenation, use it as follows:

The patch:
Patch 18.omp (12.0 KB)

Best regards
K

Hi Karim,

thanks very much for your comprehensive reply and examples. I think I understand better now; concat will ā€˜attachā€™ (or ā€˜offsetā€™ the onset values) in the second chord-seq by the last onset+durationā€¦ correct?

I am running OM7.040000 from the latest sources (5fc5569bd). And yes, Iā€™ve been using 'concat without the optional input first, but to investigate the behaviour I used the optional inlet ('nil should be its default value (= no difference)).

I have attached another screencap and am also attaching the patch just to be safe it is not something in my chord-seq. In my case ā€œconcatā€ seems to add 125msā€¦ I do not understand why? But it is local to the patchā€¦ some values seem to remain somewhereā€¦

concat 2.omp (12.7 KB)

Dear M.

The first concat (without the nil) works for me correctly if i re-evaluate your patch. So
It looks like you have some extra code loading (some library? or .lisp code in /usr) ovberriding the concat or redefining it.

Furthermore, DONā€™T use nil in the third input. Should be a number. (will fix this).

Best
K