< Back to IRCAM Forum

Comment lire une partition avec des sons plus fidèles / How to read scores with

Bonjour (English translation below),

Je cherche des polices de son ou un logiciel qui permettent de lire sur ordinateur des partitions saisies avec le logiciel MuseScore, grâce à des sons plus proches des instruments de musique, notamment des instruments à cordes. Je sais que de tels outils existent, pour avoir écouté un enregistrement mp3 d’instruments à cordes numérisés, mais ni les librairies musicales, ni le magasin HomeStudio n’ont pu me renseigner. Internet propose l’achat de polices de son à télécharger, mais sans proposer d’écouter d’échantillon pour se faire une idée au préalable. Quelqu’un pourrait-il m’orienter ?
Je vous remercie par avance. Bien cordialement. Dominique

Hello,

I am looking for a way to read the scores written on MuseScore software with sound fonts or a software that enables to get a sound closer to those of real instruments, especially strings instruments. It is possible to purchase online sound fonts, but I didn’t find any website offering to listen to samples beforehand. Anyone can help me find a solution? Thank you in advance for your help. Dominic

You need to be able to either embed plugins to MuseScore or be able to communicate with one. I dont know much about MuseScore capabilities but google tells this, as an indirect alternative to communicate MIDI to synths:

Once this is done, you can consider Ircam Solo instruments, synful or other plugins.

User Jeff_G has posted news of these samples on the Linux Musicians site, they seem popular with folks there :

http://www.bandshed.net/sounds/sfz/

Many orchestral soundfonts, all free.

Best,

dp

Thank you Dave, do you know how to implement these soundfonts on MuseScore?
All the best
Dominic

Thanks