< Back to IRCAM Forum

CNMAT s-poly error

Hi all,

Hope it’s ok to ask about the CNMAT externals here. I’m having problems with the CNMAT externals in OM7.3 (obtained from this forum a while back) on macOS 13.6 (M1). I’m not sure if this is a recent macOS update problem or something else, because these objects were working a couple of months ago (unhelpfully). Specifically (for now, though I suspect there are some other issues), the S-POLY and S-POLY2 (and S-CUTS, making me think it may be all s-* objects) throw an error, including from the help file/documents, and without any additional inputs other than the default.

Error while evaluating the box S-POLY2 : The call (#<interpreted function flat 81500609E9> ((6100)) 1) does not match definition (#<interpreted function flat 81500609E9> struct).

Other objects seem to be ok, but I’ve not exhaustively tested them.

I am not familiar enough with LISP/the errors/etc. to do this troubleshooting myself, but would love to learn.

Thanks for any help.
Vince

Dear Vince,

Can you be more specific:

1. What OS you are running
  2. Which specific OM version you are running?
  3. which version of the cnmat-om library you are using?

It seems to work fine here.

Best
K

Apologies Karim, that was not clear.

1. macOS 13.6 (Ventura, Apple M1)
  2. OM 7.3, however, it was this update that got CNMAT-OM working for me previously. I did a test just now in OM7.2 as well, and the same error is thrown on evaluation.
  3. The most recent release from the CNMAT GitHub.

Cheers,
Vince

Hi Vince,

Can you post the patch that throws this error so i can figure it out. It seems a very silly bug.

Best
K

weird-scales.omp (28.1 KB)

Sure can. As I said, I suspect it’s a me-issue rather than an external issue, but I can’t figure out what it is!

Thanks again for your help so far.

V

Hi,

Sorru i don’t seem to catch the problem. Unless you send me the specific patch that throws the exact error above, i cannot see what’s wrong exactly with your patch.

Best
K

Hi Karim,

I think this verifies that it’s a me issue. That it’s not erroring on your system suggests that it’s something on my computer causing it. I think something is causing an error somewhere.

Thanks again! If I find the cause I’ll follow up.

V

The library “OMMatrix” is causing the behaviour when loaded. So thanks again for helping me out. Verifying that it’s me (or my system) rather than CNMAT was very helpful. I probably should have done that kind of testing first, apologies. I think I need to spend some time learning how the libraries all interact with each other.

Dear Vince,

No, it is not your setup. It is a bug with this function. And it looks weird since i have a different message, However this confirms that this method is faulty.

Screenshot_2023-10-16_02-11-09

What you can do is to report it on the github of this library so the author can do somethng about it.

Cheers
K

The weird thing about that particular error is that it requires a POLY object to be connected down the chain of evaluation. I think also that the pitch inlet needs to be a minimum of a nested list to function correctly. Even adjusting for all of that though, the OMMatrix still breaks it in my testing.

Ok,

It is no big deal. You need to have a list of list in the pitch input:
Screenshot_2023-10-16_12-37-49

You can also check the help files of this method. The example works:

Best
K

Hey Karim,

Popping this here more for documentation in the off-chance that anybody experiences something similar.

In this clip we can see the original behaviour caused by the OMMatrix library. The same patch goes from functioning to not functioning with the loading of the library. If I can find contact details for the OMMatrix person I’ll reach out, and also reach out to CNMAT.

trim.E43D181C-58A1-4452-85E5-2E5F3C4E1E4C