< Back to IRCAM Forum

Chseq->poly vs. tie-all

Hi!
In the repmus lib, there is two functions that are quite close : tie-all and chseq->poly (confusingly labelled “lien-harmonique” in the Repmus tutorials).
for chseq->poly : “common notes between two chords are changed into a single sustained note (harmonic link)” , as tie-all “ties all notes having the same pitch”.
can you explain me the difference between the two – apart that the first uses VOICE and the second one CHORD-SEQ ?
gl

2 Likes

Hi GL,

Lien-harmonique if used as an input for voice will only get you a monodic result since VOICE is not a poly object by definition. In order to get the same result as lien-harmonic for chord-seq, use tie-all, and you will get a decomposed rhythm with tied notes. (cf. screenshot below):

Best Wishes
K

Thanks dear KH,
the only difference I see is tie-all keeps the lists and chseq->poly outputs atoms.
But the tie-all doc says : “Ties all notes having the same pitch” as chseq->poly doc says “Converts a sequence of chords in a pseudo polyphony where common notes between two chords are changed into a single sustained note (harmonic link)”, which is another way to say it, right ?

thks,
g

1 Like

Dear Gregoire,

Can you send this as a patch, That way, i can explain it better.

Best
K