< Back to IRCAM Forum

Chromax Docs and References Help Missing

Dear Ircam Forum menbers,
I create this discussion to have more documentation on the great object that we have on the MaxSoundBox Chromax.
In fact there is no documentation on the chromax object. and feels like i’m using a black box.
So if there is any document out there that describes how chromax works exactly and the messages that it needs to receive for working properly.
the only document that i have found about chromax is this research document that is great ( to get kind of how chromax generate data ) but do not give the documentation on inlets and outlets.
http://architexte.ircam.fr/textes/Cont13d/index.pdf

Other thing i’m implementing spectral delays and filters on embeeded systems with Gen~
and C++ and i like how chomax handle the generation of data for the low level frequency bins from the high level data as input ( harmonics, envelope, variance, shape … ). is this object OpenSource or is there any documentation apart from the one that i have found that describes more the generation part of chromax ( with the equations used ) this will be great. ( the project that i’m working on is non lucrative project and of course OpenSource ).

All the best
Omar Karray