< Back to IRCAM Forum

Chord-seq-analysis

Hello,
A spectral analysis tool I used a few years ago doesn’t seem to work anymore. In the attached patch, the returned result (otherwise inaccurate) is indeed always the same, whatever the sound connected to [chord-seq-analysis].
My current configuration is as follows:

• macOS Monterey v 12.5.1
  • OM 7.1
  • OM-pm2 1.3
    Many thanks for your help.
    Philippe
    phb-analysis.omp (8.6 KB)

Hi pboivin,

Can you send me the soundfile also in order to debug this problem?

Best
K

Hi Karim,
Here they are
Best
Philippe

Dear Philippe.

This will not do for the test. In fact you need to have first for your files (once imported in OM’s SOUND object ) some markers. You can do that by adding them manually (open the SOUND editor) and cmd+click. If there are no markers you will not have an analysis.
If you had these markers, and this seems not to work, please can you copy paste the output of the listener to see what is the problem. It could be a pm2 issue.

Best
K

Dear Karim,
I’ve added markers (0 6) but unfortunately the analysis always returns the same chord, whatever the sound used. Here’s his recording (PJ-1), which matches the chord displayed but not the sound used. Exactly the same thing happens in the “01-pm2-analyses” tutorial using other functions (see PJ-2).

In fact, it seems that no analysis is performed and that the same (default?) chord is systematically proposed. Perhaps you could send me a patch that works for you, so that I can test it in my own environment? Then we’d know whether the problem comes from pm2, or at least the 1.3 version I’m using under OM 7.1.

I’d like to point out that my “phb-analysis” patch worked perfectly as is, during my conference at Ircam on the gamelan in 2015.
Many thanks for your help.

01-pm2-analyses.omp (9.8 KB)

Yes i believe you. But a simple copy.paste of the listener will let us know if there is an analysis or not. I suspect that your pm2 is not working. Can you send a copy/paste of the listener after an analysis?

Dear Karim,

Here’s a copy of my OM Listener

Dear Philippe,

First of all please do use the latest OM-pm2 version from here just to be sure it is compatible with your pm2 binary:

And by the way what is your pm2 version?