< Back to IRCAM Forum

Chord-seq analysis in a selected region

Hello, I would like to make a chord-seq analysis of the spectrum of a certain sound file in a different selected points in time (very short time stretches e.g. 50 m.sec. to have as little amp variations in the partials as possible). The resulting file should have the partial frequencies and the respective amplitude. How can I do it in Partiel?
Thank you.

Hello,

You can use Ircam’s “PM2 Chord Partial” plug-in (you need one partial per track, so one plug-in per partial), and segmentation can be done with any marker track used as input for partial analysis. You can use the PM2-Partials-Tracking-Chord-20 template supplied with the plug-in documentation. It will automatically create a segmentation with a transient analysis and 20 partial tracks.

PM2

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer. I stilll cannot find the 20 track plugin though.

• Download the manuals and the templates
    • Download the manuals (Partiels-v2.0.3-Manuals.zip) from the Partiels project page.
    • Unzip the file Partiels-v2.0.3-Manuals.zip
    • In the subdirectory containing the plug-ins manuals, you’ll find the templates PM2-Partials-Tracking-Chord-20.ptldoc
  • Use the PM2-Partials-Tracking-Chord-20.ptldoc template in Partiels
    • Open Partiels
    • Create a new document
    • Ensure the option “Default template loaded automatically when loading an audio file” is set to “None”
    • Click on the “Load” button and select an audio file
    • Click on the “Load Template” button and select the file PM2-Partials-Tracking-Chord-20.ptldoc

You will find all the information in Partiels-v2.0.3-Manuals.pdf distributed in Partiels-v2.0.3-Manuals.zip.