< Back to IRCAM Forum

Chord-seq-analysis error on linux

Hi there!

When I try to run chord-seq-analysis on OM 7.1, I get the following message from the listener, and no chordseqs.sdif file is created at out-files.

I’m using OM 7.1 on a Ubuntu 22.04 LTS machine.

This is the error message showing up on OM listener:

:: /media/priosfilho/dados/tudo/reaper-e-plugins_vbox/pm2/bin/pm2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /media/priosfilho/dados/tudo/reaper-e-plugins_vbox/pm2/bin/pm2_support_libs/librt.so.1)
Removing files:
   #P"/media/priosfilho/dados/tudo/composicao/teste-om71/testes/out-files/tmpchords"
OM => #P"/media/priosfilho/dados/tudo/composicao/teste-om71/testes/out-files/chordseqs.sdif"

Anyone has a hint of what could be happening?

Thank you very much!
Paulo

Dear Paulo,

Which version of:

1. pm2
  2. ompm2 library

are you using?

K

Dear Karim,

Thank you for replying!

pm2 is version 1.6.51
ompm2 is version 1.7

Paulo

Dear Paulo,

Ok i have installed pm2 (same version) the latest), and apparently, it is something to do with pm2/Ubuntu 22 and not related to OM 7.1 nor the ompm2 library. Will contact the developper.
It seems something have really changed in the Ubuntu distribution. And this is not cool for the developpers. :slight_smile:
BEst
K

Dear Paulo,

Thanx for Fred Cornu (developer and maintainer of pm2/supervp and many other good stuff …) feedback, there is a way to fix this. The reason it doesn’t work (and maybe your OM’s troubles) is that Ubuntu 22.04 is based on the testing version of Debian and they have changes apparently.
So in order to get pm2 working (notice you will need an Ircam licence):

1. cd /usr/local/bin/pm2_support_libs/
  2. sudo rm librt.so.1

and this will work.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Karim

I appreciate your (and Fred’s) help!

I cannot find that folder named pm2_support_libs, at /usr/local/bin

Maybe it’s due to the fact that I don’t have an Ircam license… I assumed somehow that pm2 and ompm2 were free. Sorry!

Many thanks, anyway!
Paulo

…Hmm, so maybe it is in your $Home/bin/pm2 no?
meaning /home/[your_login_name]/bin/pm2

I could find it on the custom path I chose it to be installed! Thanks!