< Back to IRCAM Forum

CataRT live MPE

I’m looking at the camu.control.mpe patch, and in the patch an overlay preset for the sensel morph is mentioned: “CataRT live MPE”.
Since the touchable area under the “Innovator’s overlay” is a bit bigger than under the “No Overlay” it might be interesting to have this.

I can imagine development on the sensel stopped, though I think it is among the best and most interesting controllers ever made…

Unfortunately it looks like the sensel external is broken. Can anyone confirm this?

depending on your OS, you might need to go back to an older version of the sensel package. For me, on OS 10.14, version 0.4.1 works well.

The camu.control.mpe patch was a trial to use the sensel via MIDI without the package. It is actually faster (2ms frame period with one finger). I should remove it, since it is not actually using the MPE standard controllers, and has 3 zones specific to my performance patch. Also, the p mpe-decoding is messy, to be redone in gen.

1 Like

That information I’ve got from Jeremy Bernstein as well, but I don’t see where to get the 4.1 package.

in the package manager, “show all versions”

Ah, I just did not see that… Did this look different in the past??? Anyway.

That worked :slight_smile: Thx!

Yea, I figured out that this sensel patcher was not something readily useable.