< Back to IRCAM Forum

can't launch audiosculpt

Hello,

I can’t launch an freshly installed version of audiosculpt on my machine.
the program just won’t launch.
Here is what I see in the Console.
I fixed the quarantine problems via terminal but the app app won’t launch.

Best
electroboulogne

19/06/15 10:08:51,830 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.quicklook[459]) Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
19/06/15 10:08:53,000 kernel[0]: exec of /Applications/AudioSculpt 3.3.8/AudioSculpt 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt 3.3.8 denied since it was quarantined by com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64 and created without user consent, qtn-flags was 0x00000006
19/06/15 10:08:53,656 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000006.AudioSculpt 3.3.8[461]) Service could not initialize: 14D136: xpcproxy + 13421 [1402][E34BADE4-4125-3886-AA5B-08E47BD0E884]: 0x1
19/06/15 10:08:53,656 Finder[218]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=1 label=[0x0-0x38038].fr.ircam.audiosculpt3 path=/Applications/AudioSculpt 3.3.8/AudioSculpt 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt 3.3.8 flags=1 : LaunchApplicationClient.cp #963 LaunchApplicationWithSpawnViaLaunchD() q=com.apple.root.default-qos
19/06/15 10:08:53,656 Finder[218]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=1 label=[0x0-0x38038].fr.ircam.audiosculpt3 path=/Applications/AudioSculpt 3.3.8/AudioSculpt 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt 3.3.8 flags=1

Hi

Could you please tell us what is the version of your system ?

Normally AudioSculpt is signed so it should not have a problem with the quarantine and GateKeeper.

In case, did you try to completely deactivate the security from the preferences ? If not, in the preferences > security section > General > click on the radio button to allow the downloaded applications from “everywhere” and (re)try to launch AudioSculpt again.

Also, that may be a different problem so could you open the Console.app (in Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and look for, in the left panel, the Information and Diagnosis section.
Open it and search in the different reports the ones relevant to AudioSculpt.
They should be named like this: AudioSculpt_Date-id-computer and have the .crash extension (or .hang or .spin in other cases which is not the one you describe).

If you can find one whose date match your tests, then copy paste the full content of the report so we can look at it.

Best regards,
Charles

hello Charles,

I’m on Yosemite 10.10.3
Security has always been deactivated in preferences.
Nothing else regarding Audioculpt in Console since the app cannot launch at all.
I just have a dialog window saying Audioculpt can’t be lauched

Best
Yan

Hi Yan,

Then could you try to launch the application from the Terminal. by typing.

open /Applications/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8.app  

and

/Applications/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8  

then if could copy/paste the content of the result from the Terminal.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience,

Best
Charles

Hello Charles

This is what I get:

open /Applications/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/AudioSculpt 3.3.8/AudioSculpt 3.3.8.app.

/Applications/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt\ 3.3.8
-bash: /Applications/AudioSculpt 3.3.8/AudioSculpt 3.3.8.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioSculpt 3.3.8: Operation not permitted

Note that this happens only in my classroom machine, not on my own which is working fine. Same config.
Best

Yan

Hi Yan,

Well it seems that -10810 is the error code for an “unknown error” for launch services so it won’t help so much…
Your permissions may be restricted in the classroom machine (i suppose you are administrator on your machine), and since the app was also put under quarantine then you cannot get the permissions.

Could you try:

1. to repair your permissions
  2. to re-download the application using Chrome instead of Safari to get through the quarantine during the download. This version should pass after the download the GateKeeper test because it is signed. However, (in case) do not put directly in the /Applications directory before you launch it, but try to launch it first from your home directory.

Best regards,
Charles

Fixed !
Thanks very much Charles :slight_smile:

Yan

Hi Yan,

Glad you fixed it.
Could you explain us what actually has helped you to fix the problem on your machine ?
Other users may benefit from it.

Thanks in advance for that.

Best,
Charles

Of course…

-re downloaded the app with Chrome
-Install on user app directory
-permissions repair

launch ok.
Moved the app to /applications
launch ok

Best