< Back to IRCAM Forum

Cannot evaluate patch for midi quantization!

Hi all!

I am currently working on a patch in OpenMusic where I am trying to quantize a MIDI file and visualize it using the VOICE object. However, I am encountering an error: “60 (of type (unsigned-byte 8)) is not of type sequence.” This suggests that one of my inputs, specifically the output from the x->dx box, may be providing a single value instead of a sequence. I’ve checked the data flow and confirmed that the omquantify function is receiving the necessary inputs, yet the VOICE object does not seem to visualize the MIDI data correctly. I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this type mismatch and ensure proper visualization of the MIDI output. I am also using OM 7.4 but a friend of mine has opened this patch in OM 6.2 and he found no problems, however when I installed 6.2 and opened the patch again I got the same error. pls need help

Angelo

Screenshot 2024-10-13 120655

Patch-2.omp (205.0 KB)

Hi Angelo,

You can do this like that:

The patch:
patch-3.omp (215.7 KB)

And by the way your patch is working for me. Did you load some extra code before?

Best
K

Hey Karim!

So I have downloaded the patch-3 and I have tried to put my MIDI file through it and it seems that the listener ‘‘cannot cunstruct a voice with these parameters’’. But regarding your question with the code and the only thing i did was to download the omaudiolib.dll file from a previous post, because i had the error when starting Om7.4. The last thing that I am thinking could cause this “error type 60” is probably the installation proccess.

Angelo

Dear Angelo,

The message ‘cannot cunstruct a voice with these parameters’’. indicates that you have done something wrong in the patching. And error type 60 has nothing to do with an omaudiolib.dll problem.

Can you resend the patch?

best
K

Hey Karim!

Hello again! I actualy managed to get it working by uninstalling some libraries i had sownloaded from github. After that i restarted my computer and the patch worked fine with no errors.
So the libraries that i had were:
-Alea
-Rq
-OMTristan

I had them installed in my OM libraries folder.
Thank you so much for the response and guidance.

All the best
Angelo

1 Like

Great. thank you.

Best
K