< Back to IRCAM Forum

CaMu strategies / which objects?

This is a very broad and conceptual question, but even as an active participant in development I don’t have a clear answer, so I will pose it as an outsider:

I am trying to construct a patch which toggles between three types of selection in CaMu

1.) selection by setting 1-3 descriptors and sending values via line to construct a select message (1-3 values)
2.) imubu selection using the mouse, x/y axes as descriptors (2 values)
3.) mosaicing with a set of up to 9 descriptors (getting live values via pipo~) (9 values)

I would also like to have a multi slider of weights that is automatically reset when new “columns” are selected, and that can affect any of these selection types.

Given that we have multiple objects capable of target selection (camu.target / camu.select / mubu.knn), what would be the best strategy of routing to a single select object? I figured camu.select, but a note inside the object says that in the preferred patching, camu.imubu.control sends descriptor choices instead…

I am certain multiple configurations are possible but am interested in others’ thoughts on what the optimal chain would be. Thanks!

This is really a catart-mubu-specific question, so I answer it over there.