< Back to IRCAM Forum

BPF inside a Maquette

Hello everyone.

I was wondering: in OM 7.4 is it possible to insert BPF directly into a Maquette like in the following example?

https://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/Synthpatchexample.html

Or am I doing something wrong? Because as soon as I try to insert them into the Maquette editor, the message "OM > “I can not put this into the maquette” appears in the Listener.

Greetings and thanks in advance for your precious time and contribution.

neo

Dear neo,

Yes. Just create a temporal box inside the maquette and put your bpf inside it and connect it first output to the tempout output of the temporal box like this:

Here is the example patch:
Patch 12.omp (3.8 KB)

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Mr. Haddad, thank you for your quick reply as usual. I had also come to the same trick, but then I don’t understand where I’m going wrong in the patch I’m trying to copy.
Here it is attached.
Regards,
neo
Patch 2.omp (73.6 KB)

Dear neo,

Ok, now I understand. You want to reproduce the documentation’s example.
So here it is:
forneo.zip (6.0 KB)

The problem you had is that you used the temporalbox and bpf objects instead of their instantiating-slot object.
then you need also to put the eval-once for the construzione loop.

And finally i think you need to use “correct” values in your bpf. The maquette’s patch is outputing small midic values, that’s why you have repeated notes in the output I don’t know the exact limits, since it is not me that made out this example.

Hope this helps.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Mr. Haddad,
Thanks for the correction and the useful insights into the values ​​of the various BPFs. They were really helpful to me. The reason I don’t use their instantiating-slot object is because I still don’t understand what the point is of creating a slot-object instead of the object itself.
Thanks again for your work and dedication, really.
Best regards,
neo

Dear neo,

To be precise, the slots objects sets values of a given object keeping other values of the object. This is done in Lisp with setf macro. Let us take a Voice object for instance:
Screenshot_2024-10-17_14-50-36

On the left, we have a Voice with a certain tree. If we need to change just the tempo, this will not work (left example) since we are “copying” the object, and the initial one has 60 as tempo.
In the right example, we used the slots object to change the object tempo keeping all other slots of the object such as the tree.

Best
K

1 Like

Dear Mr. Haddad,
I apologize for the delay in responding. I hope, despite my inability to express myself, to convey my gratitude for the didactic care that you expressed in your message. It certainly contributed in a clear way in making me approach a more adequate understanding of slot objects.
I wish you a good continuation, I will be happy to be able to follow the various discussions that will take place on this forum while waiting to present new problems of mine.
Best regards,
neo