< Back to IRCAM Forum

Audiosculpt and El Capitan

Good evening,

I am wondering if Audiosculpt has any issue with El Capitan, the new Apple’s OS.
Because I am going to buy a new computer.

Thanks,

Giuliano

Hello,

Audiosculpt 3.3.8 works fine for me. But I’ve had a visual display problem with v3.4.0. So I only use 3.3.8.

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Glen,

Could you please describe the visual problem you had with 3.4.0. And if possible it would be great to have a snapshot if it can be easily identified.
Normally, no “visual changes” have been applied to the 3.4 version, so we would be very interested to see what bug might have appeared in El Capitan for this version.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Best regards
Charles

Hello Charles,

Interesting… I just opened the same audio file in both 3.3.8 and 3.4. The visual problem that I previously experience (3.4 would not display the sonogram) has mysteriously ‘resolved itself’.

I got a new MacBook Pro and migrated Audiosculpt 3.3.8 to the new computer. Then I downloaded the 3.4 update. It was shortly after my download that the problem with the sonogram display happened. I haven’t been using 3.4 for a while. Your email prompted me to try it again.

Audiosculpt (both versions) seems to be working fine in El Capitan and Yosemite (on my older computer).

Thanks for getting me to look into this. I’m glad the ‘problem’ isn’t a real problem anymore.

Cheers,

Glen

Thank you. The version of Audiosculpt I have is 3.0. Anybody knows if it is supposed to work with El Capitan?

Cheers,

Giuliano

Hi Giuliano,

The AudioSculpt 3.0 version is quite old. A lot of parts related to the stability and integration with the different Mac Operating Systems have been improved.
So we cannot guarantee you that it will work. You may try it at your own risk…
Personally i think this version won’t be suitable for El Capitan.

Best regards,
Charles