< Back to IRCAM Forum

Audio Sculpt dissapears

Hello this is a very strange behavior.
I erased the preferences file following the advise to solve the problem related to the message Audiosculpt does not hace a temp folder…
Now My app dissapeared and as Karim sent me a dmg file, I copy the un compressed folder to Apps , and when I restart the computer, the folder is empty and is like I ’ m opening the app for the first time.
Any tip to solve it?

Dear Jorge,

First of all what is your os version ?
second, does this happen only with AudioSculpt ?
Because by what you are saying this looks really strange and might be your HD ?
Did you check it out ?

Best
K

Hello Karim
my OS is Mojave. It only happens with AS.
My HD works all the time ok excepting for this crazy thing. May be do I have to have
an installer instead of a dmg file?
The problem began when I erased the preferences of AS to avoid tthe problem concerning the message indicating to choose a folder for the temp files… I read here that erasing the file would solve the problem. I suppose they are connected. Also. When I open AS it tells this is a software downloaded from internet… … each time I copy it again.
thank you in advance, jorge

Dear Jorge,

The dmg i’ve sent you IS the installer. So your trouble comes from the security device from Apple.
Follow these instructions:

Or you should send a request to the forum support (commercial not software) to let you donwload FROM forumnet audiosculpt, however, i amnot so sure this will even work.

BEst
K

Dear Karim, thank you very much for your answer, I ’ ve made many tries and it keeps disappearing after restarting the computer.
incredible!! thank you in advance for your help! jorge

Dear Jorge,

do you mean it disappears AFTER using it and AFTER restarting your computer?
in this case, do you use some exotic antivirus?
can you look in your console reports ?
best
k

Dear Karim , I’ m sending you a screen recording of this problem. is not only happening when I restart but also when I close the program.!
https://studio.youtube.com/video/lVrbDL3KlyE/edit/basic

Also. I ’ ve moved the folder from apps to desktop. And now it’s ok. does not disappears after closing it.

Very weird !
Sorry but i cannot access your screen recording(?)

Hi Karim,

Here is Jorge’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVrbDL3KlyE

All the best,
António

1 Like

thank you Jorge, thank you Antonio,
What i don’t understand is:

1. Why the audiosculpt.DMG is in the Application folder ?
  2. Make sure you copy the audiosculpt folder in the Application folder
    starting from the .dmg openned from the destktop. Meaning, you put the dng on the desktop, tehn copy the audiosculpt folder to the application folder.

Just a suggestion. Beside that, i am really puzzled!
Best
K

Dear Karim , thank you!
I moved all the locations to try id it solves it. the only way I ve found was to
copy As folder to the desktop and then it does not dissapears.
Do you think trashing the preferences and copying the app again in application folder would help .
? thank you!

Dear Jorge,

Well to tell you the truth, i cannot say. By the way, where did you have this advice about trashing the preferences of AS ?
Maybe you should ask the person who did advise you this.
By the way, did you empty your trash (bin) AFTER you have trashed the preferences? It could be also a reason for this very strange and weird disappearance.

Best
K

Dear Karim
I don’t remember who told to trash the preferences but it appeared here in the forum discussions, related to the message concerning " there is not a writable folder for the temp files " . Now is working on the desktop and " open in low resolution". is checked and is not possible to change it. thank you for your advise.jorge

Hi Jorge and Karim,

I think Jorge may be referring to this older thread — specifically to the last reply by Charles Picasso: Kernel folder can not be found

Hope this helps.

All the best,
António

Thanx both of you.

Well apparently it is the Apple Security system that is quarantining your AS. If this is working when AS is out of the Applications folder, well used it as so, or wait until a developer answers you which i doubt for the moment since AS is in a standby dev. status for the moment.

Best
K

Dear Karim
I´ve reset the NVRAM and now is working ok in the app folder. thank you
very much and sorry for this silly problem!!
all the best
jorge