< Back to IRCAM Forum

Ascograph on Windows System

I can’t open Ascograph on Windows 7, 32 bits.
MaxMPS is seeing the package, I can open antescofo~.maxhelp
without error message.
I can load an example score, put follower ON, and go.

My install :
Programmes >
Cycling’74 >
Max 7 >
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
libstdc+±6.dll
Max.exe
And the files in the package Max directory

Error message :
Antescofo~ - Anticipatory Score Following
by Arshia Cont, Philippe Cuvillier, Jose Echeveste, Jean-Louis Giavitto © Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2007-2015
release master - v0.8-469
Compiled on Sep 14 2015 14:58:46
antescofo~: AscoGraph is not in path. Make sure the App is next to your Antescofo object. Unable to open.

Unluckily, the current version of Ascograph is available only for the MAC OSX plateform. We are working on porting Ascograph but I cannot give a deadline at this time. The message is emitted because antescofo~ is looking for a running Ascograph and you can safely ignore it.

Notice that antescofo~ does not need Ascograph to run. You can edit antescofo augmented scores with any text editors (there is a text-wrangler and a sublime configuration to highlight antescofo code on this forum). In fact, all ascograph commands are simply forwarded to antescofo~ where they trigger commands that are all also available directly via Max messages (see the patch used in the tutorials).

Hello Frx,

You can see here :

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/antescofo/forum/topic/antescofo-useful-tutorials-on-this-forum/

there is the link for the syntax highlight for Sublime.
You don’t have AscoGraph but when you save in Sublime Text, the object Antescofo~ load automatically the score and it’s very useful…