< Back to IRCAM Forum

ASAP v0.0.9 - New Release

Hello everyone :jack_o_lantern: :ghost: :scream:,

:rocket: After version 0.0.8, here is the new version 0.0.9 of ASAP! What a surprise… This important update mainly focuses on the Spectral Surface plug-in. The code has undergone a complete refactoring in order to facilitate the development of future plug-ins with the ARA extension. These changes have also made it possible to fix many bugs and to add new features such as:

• Duplicate surfaces by holding the option key (macOS) or alt key (Windows and Linux) when moving the selected surfaces
  • Duplicate surfaces harmonically over several octaves with the cmd + d keys (macOS) or ctrl + d keys (Windows and Linux)
  • Quickly mute the selected surfaces using the m key
  • Show pre-rendered play-head position on selected surfaces
  • Improve the sonogram and in particular the display of the analysis and rendering preparation

:point_right: ASAP Project

ASAP v0.0.9 Ad.gif

You will find the complete list of changes in the changelog and updated documentation :blue_book:. A complete refactoring of the code is always a bit risky, do not hesitate to contact me if you encounter any regressions. Nevertheless, thanks to these changes, we prototyped an ARA plugin dedicated to transposition :eyes:. There is more work underway, including the integration of new editing tools :magic_wand: for surface filters or the creation of a source filter plug-in :sparkles: named Spectral Morphing.

:warning: Important: macOS support starts now with 10.13 High Sierra and no longer with 10.10.

Feel free to create a new thread or message on the Forum if you encounter any issues, have any questions, or need further information (or just to say you like the project)!

Thank you very much for your feedback and your participation 🫶.

I can’t install the last version.

MacMini M1, MacOS 13.0

thanks in advance

Best,

Jerome

Can you provide further information? Is there any system report? We’ve tested it on various macOS with no problem (and I just tested it again on 10.14, 12.2 & 13.0) perhaps this is due to new security settings?

In System Settings/Privacy & Security, under Security, is the option App Store and identified developers enabled? If not, can you turn it on and then retry the installation?

When I run the .pkg, it doesn’t install. that’s all, sorry

I’ve the 0.0.8 version. Installed without problem.

This third option is not available by default, it means that the security has been bypassed. This might side effects considering that macOS 13 isn’t very stable. Can you try without bypassing the security and with the 2nd option? In the meantime, I’m find other machines to do further tests. Thanks

It is during the last process that I have this window.

J’ai rebooté et j’ai relancé l’installation, toutes les etapes se passent bien mais lors de la derniere etape j’ai vu le depart d’une barre de progression mais juste 1 ou 2 secondes puis ca bloque

Otherwise, I suspect there might be issues with the permissions for the folders (and the files) where the plugins are installed. If you run the package installer from the terminal, we might get further information. Here is what should be done (step by step for the record):

1. Download ASAP-v0.0.9-MacOS-64bit-Universal.zip from the project page to your Download folder
  2. Unzip the file (you should retrieve the package installer `ASAP-v0.0.9.pkg)
  3. Open the Terminal.app (Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
  4. Run the command sudo installer -pkg ~/Downloads/ASAP-v0.0.9.pkg -target / -verbose (if the package is not located in the Download folder, replace ~/Downloads/ASAP-v0.0.9.pkg with the correct path to the package on your machine)
  5. Copy and send us the output of the command

The plugins will be installed in
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ARA
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

The permissions of these folders and of the plugins should be:

Can you check that this is the case? To access those folders and the plugin, you can use the shortcut cmd + shift + g from the finder and then paste the path in the dialog box. Then to show the info window with permissions of a folder or a plugin, select a folder or a plugin and use the shortcut cmd + i.

Avec le terminal, c’est ok ! Merci beaucoup

> Last login: Wed Nov 9 19:16:16 on console
> 
> lotus@silicon-1 ~ % sudo installer -pkg ~/Downloads/ASAP-v0.0.9.pkg -target / -verbose
> 
> Password:
> 
> installer: Package name is ASAP
> 
> installer: Upgrading at base path /
> 
> installer: Préparation à l’installation….....
> 
> installer: Préparation du disque….....
> 
> installer: Préparation de ASAP….....
> 
> installer: Attente de la fin des autres installations….....
> 
> installer: Configuration de l’installation….....
> 
> installer:
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Validation des paquets….....
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Écriture des fichiers….....
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Écriture des fichiers….....
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Enregistrement du paquet avec le système….....
> 
> installer: Validation des paquets….....
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Exécution des actions du programme d’installation…
> 
> installer:
> 
> installer: Fin de l’installation….....
> 
> installer:
> 
> #
> 
> installer: Le logiciel a été installé avec succès......
> 
> installer: The upgrade was successful.
1 Like