< Back to IRCAM Forum

ASAP - Spectral Surface (ARA) with Logic - Sonar doesn't play sound

Hi Pierre and the developers. Thank You very much for this ASAP we were waiting since Audiosculpt wasn’t supported. It’s wonderful !!! :hugs:

I have a problem with The Spectral Surface (ARA) on Logic 10.8.1 with a MacBook M2 Pro - Sonoma.

Logic is launched with Rosetta and The spectral Surface works very well for almost everything :sunglasses:

But when I try to use the Sonar Tool (clicking with the “option” key) there is no sound, even if I clic on an area were there is energy. (The “play button” isn’t on). That is weird. And when I try to play what is in a surface using the “toggle for prerendering of the surface” (the one who must allow to listen what is in a surface, the one just bellow the frequency and the fade buttons), I don’t have sound either.

I use the brand new ASAP version V.1.2.2 (12th of February, 2024).

Is there something to change in the parameters to have sound with the sonar and the prerending surface toggle? It’s weird because everything else in Spectral Surface works very well.

Thanks for your advices,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for the feedback. The audio prerendering doesn’t seem to be supported by Logic so the sonar doesn’t work. The ARA support in Logic is a bit shaky but the Celemony team (who develop the ARA technology) are working on it. I’ll ask them about this (and about native ARA/Logic support for silicon) and keep you posted.

Best,
Pierre

Hi Pierre, Thanks a lot for your answer.
I appreciate.

Waiting for this Logic solution by the Celemony Team, do you have an advice for a (free !) DAW I could use with ASAP until they find a solution for Logic ? (I have also Ableton Live, but ASAP doesn’t works for now).

Best,

Olivier

My suggestion would be to use Reaper. Reaper isn’t free but it’s only $60 for educational or non-profit organizations or individuals, the demo has no limitations and you can click “continue using demo” for life (I know many universities use Reaper without a license :sweat_smile: …).

1 Like

Thanks Pierre !
It works on Reaper !

Best

Olivier

1 Like