< Back to IRCAM Forum

ASAP Plug-ins don't show up in Reaper

Hi,

I’ve download the latest version of ASAP and Reaper, but the ASAP Plug-ins didn’t show up in Reaper. I can’t find the location of the plug-ins, therefore can not edit the path list in reaper (is it the problem?). I’m not sure what’s the problem? Here’s a screen shot from the preference in reaper.

(Btw, the plug-ins show up in Logic Pro, but I can’t use it because the Logic pro version is too old. I plan not to update it because my computer is 8 years old.)

Thanks a lot !

Lihsin

Hello Lihsin,

Thank you for your feedback.

The VST3 plugins are located in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 (for the other formats, please refer to the manual). But there is no need to edit the path as long as you use the default path for VST3 (and that seems to be the case on your screenshot). If the VST3 plugins are not located in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 it means that the installation failed. Can you check that?

If the VST3 plugins are located in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3, can you check whether the plugins have been scanned? To do so, click on the “Re-Scan” button (the one on your screensgot) → “Plugins that failed to scan” and see if there are the ASAP plugins in the list.

Also, can you provide more information about your OS (exact version, etc.) and your machine (Intel, etc.)?

Best regards,
Pierre

Hi Lihsin,

On my mac, running macOS Monterey 12.7.1, to find where my plug-ins are, I use the free “Audio Plugin Uninstaller.app”, which can be downloaded from this link

Running that tool on my system, I find the ASAP v. 1.2.0 plugins in
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins
and a few also seem to have a second instance in
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ARA
I am not sure if this is relevant, because I do not use Reaper. I hope this may help you.
Best regards,
Qbeats

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for your response!

I reinstalled ASAP, and I’m sure the plug-ins are now in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3. They’re not in the "Plugins that failed to scan” list, and I still can’t find them in Reaper. Here’s a screenshot of my computer’s information:

Thank you!

Lihsin

Hello Qbeats,

Thank you for your response! I reinstalled ASAP, and I can find them in the locations where you describe. However, I still can’t find them in Reaper, so I’m still working on it. Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Lihsin

Hello Lihsin,

Is this the case for all plug-ins? Or just a subset of plug-ins? And is this the case for all formats, or just VST3 or just AudioUnits? Did you try to clear the cache and re-scan the plug-ins?

I’ll try to find a configuration similar to yours and see what happens.
By the way, I just uploaded a new version 1.2.1.

Best regards,
Pierre

I’ve just tested on an Intel MacBook Pro mid-2015 / Mojave 10.14.6 with Reaper 7.05 and the plug-ins load fine.

Hello Pierre,

I found where the problem is, there is a list on the left of the FX window, it was so small that I didn’t realized it was there, until I happened to drag it open, then ASAP appeared in one of the list. I am so sorry, I’ve never used Reaper before and I’ll work on it. Thank you very much for your patience and help!

Kind Regards,

Lihsin

I’m glad you found the solution! Feel free to contact me if you have any other question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot ! :slight_smile: