< Back to IRCAM Forum

Asap dry/wet slider

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to control the amount of asap plugins on a track (= dry/wet control). Thanks, Zeno

Hello Zeno,

There is no wet/dry parameter. At least, not exactly the same thing. For example, the global mix slider of the Spectral Morphing and Spectral Crossing plug-ins can be used as a control to globally mix the side-chain or recover the source. Ditto for the other plug-ins, which can be used to linearly recover the original audio stream. Which plug-in do you use and what exactly do you want to achieve?

Best regards,
Pierre

Hello Pierre, thank you for the reply. Yes, I already notice this possibility on spectral morphing & crossing, and it works fine. I was trying to figure out a similar solution also for Formant Shaping since I don’t see a “global mix” there.
I tried to use it (formant shaping plugin) as a return track (on Live), but it doesn’t seem to affect the tracks at all, even if they send 100% of the signal.
Best, Zeno

Indeed, it’s hard to achieve anything like a dry/wet parameter with Formant Shaping. I’ll look into the possibility of adding this parameter for this plug-in. In the meantime, a workaround might be to use a flat filter for the right filter and play with interpolation.

1 Like