< Back to IRCAM Forum

ASAP 1.2.3 with Reaper on Mac - freezing

Reaper 7.11
Ventura 13.6.6
M1 pro max
ASAP 1.2.3

I have an issue with loading or switching between ASAP plugins in Reaper. It takes almost 1 minute every time I add the new one or switch in between (see the videos). I had the same problem with the previous version (sorry I forgot the number). The only one plug-in of another developer behaves itself similarly, BLEASS. I also checked the issue with DaVinci Resolve, but ASAP worked fine there

Thank you very much for your feedback. Indeed, this is quite strange. I’ll try to find a computer running the same version of Ventura but I doubt this is the cause. There’s a possibility that it’s related to accessing the plug-in settings file. Can you check that you have the ASAP.global.settings file in ~/Library/Application Support/Ircam/? And that you have write permissions to the file? Apart from Reaper and Resolve, have you tested in another DAW? And can I send you a test version to see what happens?

If you can try this version and let me know if it improves loading, that would be great. :slight_smile:

It works! Thank you for such a quick response. VST3 opens immediately. :star_struck:

1 Like