< Back to IRCAM Forum

Any news about Evertims?

Hi,

I would like to ask @tcarpent if we could get some news about evertims and spat5.evertims ? The presentation of Paul Escande was very interesting and I’m curious about the development since last forum and David Poirier-Quinot’s presentation.

Best,

Pierre F.

Hi,

The news is that it’s on active development at the moment, especially in the frame of the Rasputin research project (start [ANR-RASPUTIN]).
The current work focuses on bridging beam tracing (used for early reflections) and FDN engine (for late reverb), and simulating source directivity. Part of this work is already in the spat5 package (spat5.evert, spat5.evert~, etc.) although it is not documented, and i cannot offer any support at the moment, as the prototypes evolve constantly.
Stable/public release is not expected before the end of the Rasputin research project, so in 1 or 2 years. Be patient!

Best,
T.

1 Like

Noted, thanks for the update !

Pierre

Also, we apologize to Paul Escande for the shortening of his presentation yesterday. You can watch the video by following this link: Paul Escande : Augmented Architectures - YouTube

1 Like

All good, I should probably work on an english version of the presentation, as I thought it was going to be subbed by IRCAM.

Anyhow, feel free to get in touch if you had any questions regarding the Augmented Architecture project.

Paul

1 Like

thanks for the update !