< Back to IRCAM Forum

Antescofo for Windows 10, 64-bit?

Dear Community!

I am a classical pianist and would like to use Antescofo for accompanying piano performance with visual effects (on Max Jitter or Troikatronix Isadora). I am an absolute newbie in this field, thus I am sorry for this apparently very basic question: are there any versions of Antescofo which run on a Windows 10 PC with a 64 bit processor? Or is such a version in preparation?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

1 Like

as the guys know, I keep hoping for an updated Windows version :slight_smile:

when I was at Ircam back in 2016 we managed to compile a Windows 32bit version, you can still find it among the downloads for v0.91: http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/en/archived.php?id_product=44&archived=1

still, a fresh Antescofo that works with Max 8 and includes the current listening engine would be brilliant. Maybe someday…

Thanks for your reply! Hm, what a pity… Do you know any other possibilities or solutions to get running Antescofo with Max8 on a PC? I would really appreciate every hint!

Hey all and sorry for my late reply! (I simply didn’t know the website had changed!!!)

We’ll have a look at this soon (after summer) and try to compile the new version on multiple platform. Though compiling for Windows (as @rvirmoors mentioned) has never been an easy task! Mac and Linux will stay our primary focus on this Forum.

Just jumping on this to ask whether there were any news/updates about Antescofo and Windows 64bit? I’ve tried the shared link about for the 32bit version and it seems to be a dead link.

Similar to overtones, I’m a vocalist looking at using Antescofo to score follow, and trigger/accompany a haptic control of some wearable artefacts

1 Like

hi! forumnet URLs have changed format, the link to the old 32bit Windows build is now: https://forum.ircam.fr/asset/313/Antescofo091-Windows-Max.zip

find it here, on the Releases page: Releases | Ircam Forum

Hi, the antescofo 0.8 for Windows 64bits.

https://forge.ircam.fr/p/antescofo/downloads/491/

you need copy the files libgcc_s_seh-1 libwinpthread-1 libstdc+±6 inside the Max folder “C:\Program Files\Cycling '74\Max 8”.

It works fine, I already used it in live concerts.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to the IRCAM community!

I was just sent a patch for performance that uses antescofo (for Mac). I use Windows and wanted to replace the Mac version. The link to the most recent Windows 64bit version here is blocked by Chrome, citing a privacy issue. Is there a new link or site I could go to or another way I could access the file?

Thanks!

Hello Dfin.

The last version I have for windows 64bit is here
Nubo

This version is old (but was functinal in 2021 as mentionned in the previous post) but I don’t have the resources needed to produce a new one right now.

Hope it helps,
Jean-Louis.

1 Like

Hi Jean-Louis,

I appreciate the very quick reply.

The “Error 126 loading external antescofo~” appears, which is one step closer than before. Would you happen to know any solution to this?

Thanks,
Dylan

This error seems related to a problem in the version of Visual Studio Code package needed for the external or to some dll (in the package) that are not at their right place (the location of these dll have changed with the Max version, they are usually next to the external). See for instance this post Error 126 loading external spat5.spat~ on Windows that gives some hints (perhaps other forum readers have more clues ?).

Problem solved!

The composer found a 32-bit version for Windows (that didn’t work–the one you uploaded here is ideal). However, his folder included the following instructions that resolved the issues:

• Uncompress the included Zip files.
  • Move the content of “antescofo” to your Documents/Max 8/Packages/ folder
  • Move the content of “MaxLib64bit” to the “Program Files → Cycling '74 → Max 8” folder.
    It is very important that these DLL files live right next to the Max executable.
  • Run Max (64 bit) and launch antescofo (Extra Menu).
    Note: The composer’s patch had the antescofo launch built into the performance instructions, and I imagine others would do the same.

Thanks again for the help.

hello. could you share the files again? seems the Nubo link is not available anymore. thanks in advance

Hello.
Here it is :

1 Like

thank you!