< Back to IRCAM Forum

Antescofo 1.1?

Hello,
Working on some projects with Antescofo (and a master thesis) I just noticed that the reference manual (online) has been updated for a new 1.1 version. I thought I missed a new release, but searching on the Forum confirms that the current version is still 1.0…

Is a new release approaching? That would be such a sweet Christmas/holiday present! :innocent:

Hello Zenoor-13,
as mentioned in an earlier post on the future of antescofo, the pre-release of version 1.1 of antescofo~ is used internally but I am waiting more feedback before making them public. So this is still an “alpha” version and not the version that will be finally released in the forum. You can find the (current) version of this release with this link: Nubo

I think it is mature enough to be used, even if one bug has been reported (with the “previous” command in an intricate execution). If you give a try, I am happy to have feedback or bug report.

Happy and fruitful New Year,
Jean-Louis.

1 Like

Oh that’s great!
I’ll download it and use/test it. If I spot any anomalies and unexpected behaviours I’ll report back to you.

Happy new year to you as well!

Hello Jean-Louis,
I have had time to use the 1.1 pre-release object that you shared, and nothing unexpected come around on my machine. I have not tested the score following yet as I don’t have any piece ready that uses it, but I will in the coming weeks, so I will let you know asap.

The only thing is that, once the score is loaded, antescofo~ object prints a “<implicit_starting_event>” label. I guess that is kind of expected, and doesn’t influence the general behaviour of the object, so…

All the best,
L

Thanks for the feedback. Do not hesiatte to share you future experience.

For the “<implicit_starting_event>”, it is simply the name of the implicit first silence that begins a score. This event is always present and all the initial actions (actions that apper before the first user-specified event) are associated to this event.

Yes, that’s what I thought, it’s nice that it’s there. I just never noticed if it was there in the previous versions :grinning:

L

In the past, this event had no name. But it sometimes caused strange messages in the localization of errors related to initialization actions. At some point, it was given this name and began to appear.