< Back to IRCAM Forum

[announcement] Modalys 3.5.1 released

Hi!

Modalys 3.5.1 is now available!
Below is a description of what is new in this version.

Enjoy!
Robert

General

• Mode amplitudes can now be changed dynamically for all objects (using set-info).
  • No more software protection needed (as part of the general IRCAM Forum policy.)

ModaLisp

• A major bug had been introduced in the last version of ModaLisp… :grimacing: It’s safe now!

Modalys for Max (“mlys” collection of objects)

• New examples (mostly non linear situations, using mlys.expression controller)
  • Improved help objects.
  • modalys~: better path management (when using the read or open message).
  • Fixed getinfo “force” and “access-force”.
  • New getinfo message for connection state. Ex: getinfo state Pluck
  • mlys.script: isolated mlys objects are now (really) ignored!
  • mlys.expression:
    ** writing expressions is now much easier using the text editor (just double-click the object to edit the script, and close it to confirm the changes).
    ** It is no longer necessary to add a “;” after an expression: within the editor, just go the next line!
    ** New random(x) fonction, returning a positive random number < x.
    ** After “if” or “while”, you may add “then” or “do” and break the line (just for clarity, but this is not mandatory!)
    ** Access position, speed or force values are available through getinfo (with “access-speed”, “access-force”, “access-position” specifiers).
    ** You can comment a line using C style “//”.
  • New mlys.phasor object: this controller generates a sawtooth signal from 0 to 1. It is typically used as input to mlys.expression has a cyclical time basis, and this is part of our effort to improve the mlys.expression controller. The reason is that when using get-info(“time"), the floating point resolution is generally not enough and leads to important errros over time. Using mlys.phasor works around this problem. mlys.phasor has two parameters: frequency and phase. The phase is typically zero but can be adjusted between 0 and 1 to create a phase shift (when several phasors are involved). These parameters can be adjusted in real time using the standard mlys parameter mechanism.

Is it free Modalys? I cannot download this software.
Thanks

Yes it is free :wink:
You simply need to log in.
Robert

Unfortunately even after log in, I cannot download it.
I get the message: please add to cart and proceed to checkout.
Thanks Robert,
Best,
Ionel

Dear Ionel,

Thank you for your patience.
We do believe the issue is solved now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Robert

Thank you Robert. Now it works!
I will use Modalys only for my personal research. However, when I open Authorization tool, it says that I need activation code and can get it from Ircam Forum.
Please let me know.
Ionel

Hi,

Great it is working!
You don’t need the authorization tool at all anymore. This is by mistake that it is still around in the Applications/ModaLisp folder! (oh well…)

Robert

Perfect, Thank you!
Ionel

Hello !
where are the Modalys libraries for open music? they are announced together with maxmsp externals in the latest release at the product page , but I look for them and there is no result. thank you!

Hi @jorgesadlevi, there are inside the application, once installed (as usual).
See the first page of the documentation:
http://support.ircam.fr/docs/Modalys/current/co/Getting_Started.html
“Components are found in /Applications/Modalys/Components.”

Best

1. Installation
  • Download the latest version of Modalys for Mac (.dmg archive).
  • Launch the installation package (« Standard » installation is recommended.)
  • If you already have an /Applications/Modalys folder, don’t worry, it will be renamed and backed-up.
  • If you want to use Modalys with Max/MSP, OpenMusic or MatLab, you need to manually copy the right components to the dedicated place. Components are found in /Applications/Modalys/Components.
  • The Documentation can be accessed either from ModaLisp Help menu or directly with the help.html file in /Applications/Modalys.

Thank you very much Greg!