< Back to IRCAM Forum

Again on LispWorks and Ventura/Monterey bugs

Dear Karim, dear colleagues
I’m keeping investigating on this unfortunate situation for which we have to reboot or force close OM many times a day…
@Karim, feel free to merge this post or delete it if these infos are already present somewhere in the forum. It seems that the bug is related to some routine for drawing windows and messages. I attach some screenshot in which you can see the prompt message in the exposé but not in the actual desktop. As the system can’t draw windows you can’t of course click OK and the system freezes.
I’m on Mac M2 on Ventura, but Intel on Monterey was the same, even worst, so it’s not related to architecture (strange!) but some functionality Apple changed in their os in the last family (Monterey/Ventura).
hope it helps,
Alessandro
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 19.26.00

Dear Alessandro,

I might have a solution. And yes your report is correct. Apple has strengthen security on Monterey/Ventura and that is what causes these issues unfortunately.

Here is a version (for intel mac) which looks to work:

Will release ASAP a version for M1/2

THanx for reporting
BEst
K

Dear Alessandro,

Here a version for M1. Some bugs are corrected, but i am not sure of the one you are mentioning. However i will be glad if you test it, and report back in either case:

Best
K

1 Like

Hello, this is your devote tester talking. It’s much much more stable apparently, only one time i had to force quit in two days, but you know, the bug is pretty hideous and difficult to track, so i’ll keep going and let you know!
Alessandro

1 Like