< Back to IRCAM Forum

Adding your Own Sounds

Dear all,

First of all I greatly apologize - I am a complete newbie and I have a very basic question. I realize that this board is intended for more sophisticated users so thanks in advance for your patience in entertaining the questions of an Ircam baby.

Here’s the question:

When I drag and drop a folder of sounds/samples (my own, unpitched) in the explorer window, does Orchids analyze pitch data of the files as part of the standard analysis it performs on samples such that when I initiate a solution the solution will match the pitches from my target? I don’t know if that’s clear.

If it does NOT analyze pitch data as part of its standard analysis when integrating unpitched samples, then I suppose I’m going to have to run the sounds through a program which reads pitch?? Or does anyone know a better way? Perhaps someone knows the perfect piece of software which has a wonderfully convenient file re-naming structure for easy integration into the required Orchids format for pitched sounds - if this is what I’ve got to do, can anyone suggest a program for this that they like? With nice batch processing and renaming etc. Automated Batch processing means a lot to me as I’m working with hundreds of samples.