< Back to IRCAM Forum

A repository of processes and functions

One of the most beautiful aspects of Antescofo is the language itself. I was wondering if there was any plans to compile a type of repository of macros, processes, etc that other people have programmed that might be useful as inspiration. The examples at this point are rather simple (although effective) and I would just be curious to see what many others have made.

That would be a brilliant idea! I have made some “libraries” for Marco Stroppa in the past and I believe we can share them with everyone.
@giavitto If need be, we can help with setting up a repository for this. Let’s discuss that during Forum. @mathieul did you hjave any solution in mind?

Hello.

Yes, this is definitively a good idea. In fact, there is already a space dedicated for the presentation of libraries, tools, setups, and projects, in the How-to section of the documentation. For example, an Antescofo user is willing to contribute later this year with a small library for spatialization trajectories.

I will be more than happy to add new contributions. The documentation is in markdown and managed using mkdoc and git and can be made public.

One of the existing sections in the How-to is showing how to use Open Stage Control. The code is in a zip file that can be downloaded from this documentation page. This is perhaps not very convenient for all projects. If the proposed code is supposed to evolve, then a public git project can be created on the forum itself and references from the antescofo web pages, antescofo posts on the forum board and from the documentation can be linked to the project.

But any other hosting solution will do the job equally.

Hi,

I agree that the how-to-section of the antescofo language’s documentation is the right place for these compilations + public git, gist or github to share snippets, etc…

What about an antescofo youtube channel, or any other channel… ? Who is going to administrate the account ?

Keep us posted,

N.

@arshiacont Hi Arshia, I’m glad you have your presentation during the forum, good luck !

@giavitto By the way, here are the links that you asked me for to embed in the how-to-section (I will add some voice-over someday…)

https://github.com/nadirB/Trajectory_Score_Library/releases (for Max, Pure Data and SpatGris)

Antescofo language Demos

Thanks,

N.

I was thinking definitely something mainly maintained by you guys at IRCAM to which others can submit things. I think this is important to further develop the language and show its possibilities. The same way that you can find a ton of MaxMSP patches or code snippets of Super Collider, Csound, etc. I would also be willing to share stuff, I probably have a bunch of macros and the like that may be useful to other people, and building some other rather general things.

There’s also two of those links in the How-to section that don’t work.

I will be presenting at Ircam Forum at 4:30pm today. In case you guys are around we can talk about it.

There’s also two of those links in the How-to section that don’t work.

Well, one of them is the contribution by Nadir and it will be online soon. For the second, I am waiting the contribution of a user.

I would like to reiterate that the documentation is open to contributions from all users. Don’t hesitate ! And the forum itself, through the notion of user’s project, support distributed, collaborative, contribution.