< Back to IRCAM Forum

A problem about modalys in openmusic6

I have just learned to use modalys, when I use it as a external library in openmusic 6, when i open this library it says the modalys.lisp does not exit, like sho

wn below. Hope to find some solutions, thnaks a lot

Hi bmjhr

I assume that you installed the library from the Mac .dmg install. So i don’t think this will help since you are on windows. Tried myself on linux, and this will not work. Just changed the modalys.lisp file into Modalys.lisp (M uppercase). This started to load, but asked me for the modalys binary location that i don’t have.

So if you want to go further, please post this problem on the Modalys disscussion thread.

Best
K

1 Like

Thanks a lot for replying this, the problem I’m facing is that in the source file of modalys, the modalys.lisp dosen’t exists. But I may also be installed incorrectly. The external library I installed modalys for openmusic is to directly place the source files in the libraries folder, just like installing other libraries. I also did not find how to install modalys in the official documentation

Hi,

Checking out modalys distribution release notes i read this:
drawing-1
So either you have a special distribution or you will not be able to use modalys with OM. only with max.

Best
K