It seems that there is a difference of +90° degrees in yaw on the HOA bus between the panner and the audio decoded. I tried to reproduce a simple session in panoramix with only one mono object to compare the binaural bus and the hoa (routed to a decoder in another software) and there is the same behavior.
To reproduce :
- Create a mono track on panoramix
- Create a HOA (3rd order in my case) bus and a binaural bus
- Route the HOA bus to an external decoder (used reaper with compass_binaural from AALTO and energy visualizer from IEM)
- Route the mono track to both bus
- Send audio file to the mono track created and change the azimuth from 0° to -90°
→ the binaural bus decodes as expected and you can hear the source moving to your left
→ at 0° on the HOA bus, you already hear the source from your left then it goes behind you (same behavior on the energy visualizer)
Is there something I’m doing wrong ? I’m on Panoramix 1.5.2 on Windows 10.