< Back to IRCAM Forum

Welcome to MyOrch project

MyOrch is a public project to better understand and use Orchidea.

I invite anyone interested by Orchidea to go to the repository and take a closer look.

For now, it consists of one main Max patcher and two patchers to manage the link to the different versions of SOL (TinySOL, OrchideaSOL, and FullSOL).

See the Forum project page

Enjoy !

Jerome

1 Like

Thank you @smalllotus for this valuable contribution. Special dedication to the installer that helps us setting up databases…

Hi everybody,

Important update

I’ve just seen that TinySOL and TinySOL2020 are not the same, the second is richer.

This management is now included in MyOrch

Enjoy,

Jerome

Hi @smalllotus,

Thank you for your work and your sharing. I have a little question, perhaps not this the place for it, I apologize: in using MyOrch Max patch, exporting the bach.roll result to Open Music or PWGL, when I try to import the exported file in Open Music or PWGL score or chord-seq classes, I receive always the same error: “Cannot take CAR of [”. The same using scores or rolls from Max bach library help examples.
Thank you in advance for every suggestion or help. Ciao

fdsdb

Hi @fdsdb,

This is the weak point of the patcher, I’ve included that from another patch and I don’t really know more on this bach part. That’s why it’s a public repository, I need some help about this point…

it’s for @ghisi !!

Sorry for this lack

Ciao

Jerome

I think using [orchidea.solution.tollll.maxpat] instead [orchidea.solution.toroll.maxpat] will be interesting and then we come back to a well-known world in bach but not by me, yet…

Hi @smalllotus,

Thank you very much for fast reply. I have posted the same question also on bach forum, if I have some solution I will keep you updated on this forum.
Ciao

fdsdb

Great ! welcome in this project !

Ciao

Jerome

Hi,

A little update: I have had a little exchange of posts with Daniele Ghisi on bach forum; when exporting to OM or PWGL you have to open the generated .txt file and edit it, changing all square brackets into round brackets, that is from [ to ( and from ] to ).

Doing so PWGL import and reads the file perfectly in its score objects, included text instrumental annotations, however OM reads only pitches, in its multi-seq objects, but not text instrumental annotations.

Ciao

fdsdb

Hi Fabio,

Well, I can see you don’t receive my private message, I will see that with @beller

I had a chat with Karim Haddad, and it’s not lisp. Even with parenthesis, of course !

that’s why I supposed but I wanted to be sure. I will contact Daniele…

Ciao, buon pomeriggio

Jerome

Hi Fabio,

Right click on a multi-seq on OM 6.16 but it exits since a moment. I’ve never seen a topic about that in OpenMusic discussion room.

I’ve to find how that works… and what is the right extensions for those files… (Om instance is .omi)

Ciao,

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

Thank you, it is the procedure I followed for importing bach file into Open Music. I had noticed that the file is not lisp, at least the lisp I know (Karim is a guru for that), even with exact parenthesis, but OM has been able to load the pitches. Unfortunately it does not load the text orchestration annotations, while PWGL does it, too. As far as I know, bach files have .txt extension.

Ciao

Fabio

Hi fabio,

Daniele was right, I’ve replaced the brackets by parenthesis, then I can import it as a Bach file, in a multi-seq

omexport.txt

Ciao,

Jerome

Dear Jerome,

This is magnificent! Thank you so much.

Would you have any idea why I’m getting the following errors (v0.5)?

dict.view: doesn’t understand “int”
bach.dict2llll: doesn’t understand “int”

I can’t get any of the solutions show up in dict or roll views.
Thanks again!

Best,
Eren

Dear Eren,

I never had these bugs…

does it block the process ?

Best,

Jerome

PS : I know that bach does not work well on certain computers…

Hi Jerome,

I had the Orchidea 0.6 max package but I see now that it was updated again on the download page. The previous filename was different (with TinySOL etc.) now it just says “64bit”. I downloaded it again from the download page and now everything works. I guess it had nothing to do with your patcher. It works great now! Sorry for bothering you.

Thanks again,
Eren

Dear Jerome,

One more question, the bachroll solution preview plays back with a midi piano sound instead of the database files, is that normal at this point?

Many thanks,
Eren

Dear Eren,

I’m glad to hear everything is ok…

At this point, it’s normal, all this part of the patcher is just for export and score, it’s not sound, it’s MIDI, to hear the score, not the processed sound

Only the dict.wiew concerns Orchidea

Now bach.score is used instead of bach.roll which was used in the previous versions

Best,

Jerome

1 Like

Dear Eren,

Here’s a new version, you can hear sound and score together…

Actually, you were right… MyOrch

Best,

Jerome

Hi all,

Included in version 1.3

• Added [orchidea.play~] but sounds only in chromatic scale (version 1.2)

• Added : PattrStorage

Enjoy MyOrch v.1.3,

Keep safe,

Jerome