< Back to IRCAM Forum

Quantization problems with polys

Hi Anders,

I am going to reply to all your last posts.

The demultiplied-rhythms function returns four voices of same length, in this case two bars, that is 8/4. This because total duration is divided by given porportions, then each duration of the result is divided by same proportions and so on until four levels. Of course with some quantization.

About last post: I have evaluated your second code and rebuilt your example, I obtain the right result, that is your right figure. If I don’t evaluate your second fix code I obtain the wrong result, that is your left figure.

Ciao

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

If you get time to check whether your demultiplied-rhythms function works as expected now, without the ‘0’ you had to include previously, i’d be very grateful. Thanks!

-anders

Hi Anders,

Now it is not relevant if I add a ‘0’ or not, the result is always the same, with an ‘open bar’ in the end. I enclose a screenshot.

Best

Fabio

Not too sure what you mean by ‘open bar’ here, but for me it now seems it works as it should :slight_smile: - it returns a full 4/4 bar in the end of all 4 levels of multiplications, also when asking for total durations such as 16 or 7 etc. Cool :slight_smile:

Hi,

By ‘open bar’ I simply meant that there is not last measure vertical line for ‘closing’ the measure, but probably that is normal in ‘omquantify’ function. Only that.
I hope I have been useful, ciao

Fabio

This has nothing to do with omquantify, it’s the way the voice/poly in OM6 displays its staff.

Very much so, thanks again! And thanks also for pointing me to your lib, seems to be many nice things in there.

-anders