< Back to IRCAM Forum

How to use the OM libraries PM2 and SuperVP on Catalina?

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed OM-SuperVP 2.13, OM-pm2 1.6 as well as SuperVP-2.103.2_MacOSX and Pm2-1.6.50_MacOSX.

I have moved the first two to my OM -> Libraries folder and the last two to my User-> Application folder.

I was able to test the pm2 -h command in the terminal which tells me “PM2 Help (Vers. 1.6.50)…” and at the end some of the commands “smo: F0 Smooth, f0: F0 Analysis” etc… which by the way I’m looking forward to use.

Same for Supervp, of which I also ran in the Terminal the command supervp -ha which gave me a long text starting with “SuperVP Copyright © 1990-2020 IRCAM version: 2.103.2”.

1st obstacle: in the Readme file for the installation of SuperVP-2.103.2, it says "When you launch supervp for the first time, you must enter your username and password provided with the forum software. » but when I click on SuperVP, nothing happens.

2nd obstacle: when I launch OM, I don’t see any Pm2 or SuperVP libraries appear.

I read posts in the forum that seemed to raise a similar issue, but I couldn’t find out where my error was in the installation process.

Thank you in advance for your clarity.

Best,

Lisa.

Hi Lisa,

First you need to authorize both supervp and pm2. In order to do that you need to subscribe, since these binaries unfortunately are not free. Here some info:
https://forum.ircam.fr/about/offres-dabonnement/

Now concerning the libraries here’s how to load libraries in om:
http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/Library.html

Best
K

Hello,

I’m already a subscriber, and I was logged in when I downloaded them. But at any moment I see how to authorize these two softwares. Usually with other software a window ask to enter the key code, but with them I don’t see anything.
Am I missing something ?

Lisa,
If you see the help message, it means you had already registered your activation key through another application, so there is no further action needed on that side. Otherwise you would get a message like “please register an activation key by using -init_key_file Ircam_Activation_Key.txt”.
These are command line binaries, so there is no GUI, and nothing happens when you click on them, that’s as expected.

If you don’t see the libraries, maybe you need to check the “Libraries” tab in OM’s preferences. You should see OM-SuperVP and OM-pm2 there, and checking the boxes will load them at startup.
Then, in the “Externals” tab, you should see SuperVP and PM2 boxes where you can set the path to where you installed the binaries.
You can then import the tutorials from the “Help/Import Tutorial Patches/Libraries” menus to check whether everything works

Dear Lisa,

Concerning your 2nd obstacle, please follow these instructions on the beginning of this page:

Best
K

Ok now it works. The problem was a doublon folder with libraries that wasn’t on the good path, and I mistake it for the good one.
Thank you and merry Christmas.
Best,
Lisa