< Back to IRCAM Forum

6.8 Can't load Gecode

Using the most recent version of Gecode from the library download page,

I get

“Could not register handle for external module “vps-constraints”: Library not loaded: gecode-framework/Versions/27/gecode Referenced from :/Applications/OM 6.8/libraries/OMGecode 6.0/Frameworks/stroppa-constraints.framework/Versions/A/stroppa-constraints Reason: Image not found”

Any ideas what’s going wrong. I’ve switched off all other libraries just to test, and still get this.

Many thanks!

A

Also,

trying to load GeLisp gives:

“Unable to load foreign library (space_warplisp-ombeta.so-173390). Could not register handle for external module #space_wraplisp-ombeta.so-173390: :library not loaded … Referenced from /Applications/…/sources/space_warpLisp-OMBeta.so Reason Image not found”

Any ideas?

(I’m not trying to load this with OMGecode, by the way).

Hi !

The distributed version of the OmGecode library requires Gecode version 3.7.1.
The Gecode developpers are so active that it is difficult to follow all the new versions.
If you want, I can try to make a new version of the library compatible with 4.2.1, just let me know…

Serge

Hi Serge! Thank you very much for the personal reply, it is much appreciated. I’ve found your work with constraints really inspirational.

It would be great of course to have Gecode working with OM. However, please don’t go through this on my account alone - I’m currently investigating another solution.

I’m planning to make an OM interface, starting with a straightforwards link and developing it from there, to MiniZinc.

As I’m sure you’re aware, MiniZinc is very easy to use compared to coding directly for Gecode. It also runs very fast and effectively, with a wide variety of backend solvers and a nice IDE. I really like it.

I’d like to contribute something if I ever get this going properly. So no worries, and thank you for the offer.

All best,

A.

Hello, any news on this subject? It would be valuable i think to keep the gecode library up-to-date